Site Moved

This site has been moved to a new location - Bin-Blog. All new post will appear at the new location.

Bin-Blog

First AdSense Check

A very happy day for me - I just got my first AdSense check. I was waiting for this day from the last year. When I joined the AdSense program - in November 2004, I did not even think that I would get any money for at least 3 to 5 years.

After 2 months, I calculated that I would get my check after 2 years. After another two months, I estimated that I will reach 100$ after 5 months. Another 2 months(right now) I am guessing that I could reach the 100$ milestone in about 4 months.

I have a geocities website - this kind of numbers of a geocities site is good. I am going to purchase a Domain and some web space in a few days time. And after that, the number of months to reach 100$ will reduce even more - there is very a good chance that I will get a 100$ every month after five months. *Sign* I love AdSense.

For those not acquainted with AdSense...

According to google's AdSense support docs,

Google AdSense is a fast and easy way for website publishers of all sizes to display relevant, unobtrusive Google ads on their website's content pages and earn money. Because the ads are related to what your users are looking for on your site, you'll finally have a way to both monetize and enhance your content pages.
More about AdSense

It basically means that if you have a website, you can get money by putting google's ads on the site. Want to see an example? Look to the right - there is a column there with the title "Ads by Goooogle". That is a Ad Unit. It will display 4 different ads based on the contents of this page. If a visitor clicks on any add, the advertiser will pay google a small amount of money(this will vary from 5 cents to about 1.5 dollars) - which google will pass on to me. When I get 100$ in my AdSense account, Google will mail me a check for that amount. A good introduction to AdSense can be found here.

If you are a web publisher, and have a decent number of hits(around 50 unique hits per day will do fine), and want to monetize your site, I would strongly recommend AdSense. Just try it - you have nothing to loose - the sign up is free - you don't have to spent a single penny to get into the program.

PS : I really hope that I have not gone against AdSense ToA by posting this information.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Everone who first try on google adsense always feel exciting when got check,that's me too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Your site is good. All informations in your site are useful. Check out my site "Free Guide to Make Money through Google Adsense. visit http://www.makemoneyadsense.bravehost.com. IF possible, we shall have a link exchange, reply me... my email:cashguide@gmail.com