Site Moved

This site has been moved to a new location - Bin-Blog. All new post will appear at the new location.

Bin-Blog

Sudoku 2.0 in the Works

I have started work on the second version of Online Sudoku. It is easily the most popular page on my Bin-Co site - so working on it is a good investment of my time.

Some of my planes for the new version...

  • Hard/Normal/Easy Levels of play
  • The Pen feature
  • Invalid items will be show in another color - ie. if the user enter two number, it will be shown in a light blue colour - so that the user sill remember to change it
  • A hint system - the users will have an option that will warn them about a bad move(repeated numbers) right after they made the change. For example, the user will enter 7 and the script will give a warning that 7 already exists in the vertical row.
  • Multiple Style - from which the user can chose one for display - this will be set as a cookie so that user can use when they come back later.
  • Reveal the real value of a cell at users choice.
  • 'How am I doing' Option.
  • Faster processing - I really had to optimise the script - you know how slow javascript can be.

The script is in heavy development and will be over before long. I will let you know as soon as a beta version is out.

Eariler posts on Sudoku...

2 Comments:

Steven Van Vaerenbergh said...

Nice scripts... I tried to make one too in JavaScript but in the end I just did it in Flash :-o You should have a look at it: squobble.com/puzzle, especially at the colour sudoku version.

Binny V A said...

Great job there. ActionScript and JavaScript are very similar - but flash lets
you create very 'cool' interfacecs. I did not use flash because..
1) It needs a plugin to work properly.
2) I am not that good at flash.

Anyway great work.