An year after the first post, I have reached the 100th post milestone. So a best of 100 post is traditional - that will be my next post. But before that, my experiences with blogging...
My Reasons for Blogging
I listed number of reasons on why I started a blog in the first post. Over the course of time, the list was improved - some reasons were removed and some were added. This is the new list(in no particular order)...
- Encouragement to create content
- The blogger calender script was created for this purpose - to force me to sit down and write content. It succeeded it that goal - I am creating enough content to make a new site from it.
- Improve my English
- If you have been reading my blog for some time, you probably noticed that my English have a lot room for improvement ;-).
- Help Others
- Bring Traffic to my other sites
- This blog is a great success in this field - whenever I added a new page to my main site, I announce it here. As a result, over 15% of vistors to Bin-Co comes from here.
- Make Money
- Unfortunately, this is one of the areas where I failed. Don't get me wrong - I make a good amount of money through AdSense - but very little of that comes from the blog. I am hoping this trend will end soon.
Some of the statstics associated with this blog...
- Number of Posts
- 100 - but you already know that.
- Average vistors per day
- Around 50 - on Monday through Friday.
- AdSense Money from the Blog till date
- Very low - less than 5$ for the full one year.
- Time Since starting the blog.
- I started the blog on 31st March 2005 - that would make it 1 year and 1 month old.
- 17 Readers for my feed - data from FeedBurner.
- Most Popular Post
- I think it is AHAH(Asynchronous HTML over HTTP) - AJAX 2.0 - based on how many times this page was bookmarked in del.icio.us.
- Regular Readers
- No Idea - my guess is at least 17 - based on the feed Subscribers number. Google Analytics says that 30% of my visits are repeat visitors. If you are a regular reader, please leave a comment so I could have a rough estimate. It is a great encouragement to know that others are reading the blog.
- Very Low - I have a 6 digit technorati rank. Must get this number up... eh, I mean down somehow.
In the last year, I did something right and some things wrong. I have learned a lot on what to do - and even more on what not to do. I am hoping to reach the 200 post milestone using the lessons learned in this year - maybe my figures will be better then.
Till then, keep reading the blog and writing down a few comments(another area in which this blog is lagging).