Site Moved

This site has been moved to a new location - Bin-Blog. All new post will appear at the new location.

Bin-Blog

The Best Posts of 2005

Some of the best posts from the last year. The best stuff in Bin-Blog in 2005...

AHAH(Asynchronous HTML over HTTP) - AJAX 2.0

AHAH or Asynchronous HTML over HTTP is a much simpler version of AJAX. Using AHAH approach in JavaScript you can display external XHTML pages inside your HTML page. The beauty of the script is that it is so very simple - the underling code is just twenty lines!

CSS Coding Style

I don't have to tell you the effect on readability when a big CSS file is created with the first style of coding - it will be impossible to find anything without wading thru the code for some time. On the other hand, the same task will be a piece of cake if the code is in the second form. So here, I am trying to make a coding style for writing CSS code.

Dump() Function - Javascript equivalent of PHP's print_r()

The moment I saw the print_r() function of PHP, I fell in love with it. It is a very necessary function and I can't understand why no other language supports it. So I have ported the print_r function to javascript.

New Greasemonkey User Script - Multiple Engine Searcher

I have created some Greasemonkey User Scripts before, but this is the first one that could be used by others. This script will add links to other search engines when searching for something on google.

My Custom JavaScript Functions

Dustin Diaz have recently written an article on Top 10 custom JavaScript functions of all time. So I thought that I would write about all the functions on my common.js file.

Calendar Navigation System for Blogger

Serious bloggers will tell you that calendar navigation is pretty useless as a form of navigation. But I still wanted to have that option available to me. And since blogger did not have it, I decided to create one myself.

PHP Security

A few days ago I read an article on PHP Security on ILoveJackDaniels.com. I could not even begin to stress the importance of the concepts said there.

SiteMaps - A New Technology from Google

Google came up with something new - a method in which webmasters tell the search engines which all files must be indexed, where it can be found, and how important it is. Till date, search engines index a site by scanning the html files for links to other files.

An Introduction

I have started the blog - but as of yet, I have not introduced myself. I am Binny. Binny V Abraham. I am a programmer by profession. Currently I am working at a Web Development company, Reubro International as a programmer in Perl/PHP. I am settled in the Southern part of India - Kerala(also known as 'God's own country').

The Very First Journal Entry

After planning this for a long time, I finally got down to writing a Jorunal entry. So what made me write a journal? I have no idea - even though I have a lot of theories...

Filed Under...

0 Comments: