Site Moved

This site has been moved to a new location - Bin-Blog. All new post will appear at the new location.

Bin-Blog

LocateR - Ruby/Tk Script

I have created a small program in Ruby/Tk called LocateR. This is a small GUI for the 'locate' command on Linux system. This will search the computer using the locate command and will show the results in that window itself. Using the locate command is much quicker than searching for a file in the traditional way(find).

Download LocateR V 1.00.A Beta - 2.1 KB Tar.Gzipped File

If you know ruby, could you review the code and give me some feedback? I am relatively new to Ruby - and I want to improve in that area. Especially in connection to rails.

LocateR - Screenshot

Filed Under...

1 Comment:

മര്‍ത്ത്യന്‍ said...

Hi Binny,

I came across your blog.

I am in US and have interesting projects in Ruby.

can we talk some time

Can you email me at marthyan-at-gmail.com