Site Moved

This site has been moved to a new location - Bin-Blog. All new post will appear at the new location.

Bin-Blog

De-lurking day for all you Lurkers out there

I always wanted to do a 'de-lurking' post. Two of my favorite web development bloggers - 456 Berea st and veerle's blog have done it. So I have decided to join in and create a de-lurking post of my own.

What is De-lurking?

A lurker is a 'person who reads discussions on a message board, newsgroup, chatroom, file sharing or other interactive system, but rarely participates'. De-lurking is an operation to get you out in the open. Basically what you need to do is post a comment for this post.

What do I write in the Comment?

I would like the following details...

  1. Your Name
  2. Your field
  3. URL(if any)
  4. What kind of articles would you like to see on my blog?

I am always on the lookout for new blogs to add to my RSS Aggregator. I figured the best way to do that is to find people who have the same interest as me - if you read my blog, you will be interested in Web Development. And that is the topic I am most interested in.

If you leave your URL, I will take a look at your site. And if you have great articles I will even link to it. So please leave your URLs.

But, please... please... comment. Even if you comment is just 'Hi', post it, all right?

Filed Under...

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Hi, Well thats it right?

Kidding,

Found ur site while searching for some ajax things, am frm Pune, not a professional Blogger(Hate Blogging) or programmer, but just intrested in ajax :->

Yup, good articles over here and so have subscribed to your site feeds from Opera Browser(It's da best).

Well, Have a good day!! and keep writing.

PS : They call me Uday. toxic_f22@rediffmail(dot)com.(My non personal Email)

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

I am Raj, a technology analyst, working in the areas of systems administration, NOC and Six Sigma. Nice posts here on your site.

Good luck :)

Binny V A said...

Thanks for all the support guys. I really appreciate it.

Skybird said...

Hi,

Read you entry on AHAH. Interesting. Just started experimenting with Ajax.

Regards, Rob.K

Helena said...

Hi,
Haven't been able to check out all your articles yet. I stumbled upon your blog looking for tips on how to build a navigation built on labels in your blog, but without using the Blogger Beta widgets.
Thanks!
/Helena
My blog (in Swedish): helenaklottrar.blogspot.com

seeitcoming said...

Hi, just another lurker de-lurking. I stumbled across your site recently, whilst looking for real unix twitter hacks (i.e. things not involving pointless web services) and was very impressed with both ideas you had. I'm a semi-professional web-designer, so enjoy reading your occasional rants about website re-designs.
Perhaps the most useful things I've found on you blog are descriptions of *unique* software (I read Planet GNOME and Debian, subscribe to debaday etc. - so sites that tell me 'why not edit text with gedit?' o like tend to be slightly boring...) and also the de-webbing of web-2.0 is a particular love of mine (hence the twitter command-line was like heaven).

About me; I'm an UK student, running Ubuntu exclusively, with a little bit of paid web development and database management experience, and some self-taught programming skillz. http://moho.frihost.net/covertninja is my blog, but it's more personal than technical (my friends just aren't geeky enough, sadly)

And yes, you should self-host. All the cool kids are doing it!

Binny V A said...

Hey Carl,
Stick around - you will find more posts about Linux and 'unique software' soon.